Monday, July 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

I made a rule only to talk seriousness on the first Tuesday of every month between noon and three (taken from Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband), and my last few blogs have gone against that. So I will take this opportunity for a more lighthearted tone, and show you the fun and crazy things that are going on in my life. Accompanied by pictures, of course!

Okay, here's my team. We were the Stonebridge team, because that's the church we lived at for two weeks. Back row from left to right: Peter, Marc, Timo (peter and marc are from the Netherlands and they are brothers. Timo was our team leader and he's from Germany)
Girls from left to right: Christina and Mary (not related, but both from Pakistan) Irina (from Germany, our Women's leader), Katie (from texas), Sa Rang (from Korea), Kim (from Minnesota), and me. 
This is the sanctuary where the girls slept. This is my bed made out of chairs and a sleeping bag. Hey, it's better than the floor! 

This is my team leading worship at prayer night. The guys led worship all week, but for one night, our whole team was in charge. 

Sarah, Kim, me, and Katie. Sarah wasn't on our team, but another one. She's from Belfast, Ireland. 

What you can't see is that we were riding a double decker bus. It was the first time for everyone except me and Kim, so we were taking tons of pictures. 

This is speaker's corner. 

Marc (left) wasn't satisfied until he beat everyone on the team in arm wrestling. This room is our dining room in the church where our team ate meals together. 

This was a day that I observed the Children's Ministry in the park. 
The park we were at was right near the Central London Mosque. Those are some clowns from our team.
I got my face painted. Thought I'd take advantage of a face painter on site. I forgot I had it, and wondered why I was getting all these funny looks when I was riding the Tube home! 

It was the last night, and we had chocolate sauce...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading about your adventures. Keep the posts coming. Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just wanted to let you know Sara is having her baby tomorrow. I am going to the hospital so I'll let you know how it all went. I am very excited to see Payton. I know Sara and Matt are too. Aunt Kathy