Saturday, April 25, 2009

what am I doing with my life?

Update on my life. I have a feeling I'm going to be using this a lot more in the near future to update friends and family. 

So here's the news: I got an internship for the summer. I'm going to be writing overseas for an organization called Operation Mobilization. Here's a quick look at my schedule. 27 June arrive in Carlisle, UK. Train for a week, then head to London for two weeks working and writing about their happenings. Then back to Carlisle for writing/work there. Then in late July, head to Germany for a youth conference called Teamstreet. Apparently it's over 3,000 teenagers from 33 different countries. I'll be helping put together a daily newsletter that will be translated in over 10 different languages. Wish I would've paid more attention in French class... 
After Germany, I'll come back to Carlisle again for a week, then I'm finished. I'll meet up with my parents and hopefully we'll travel for a week in England and up into Scotland. 
This is a huge opportunity for God to open and close doors for me in what He wants me to do with my future. I'm asking that you'll pray for me and my time there.

In other news, I'll be 21 in two days. 

And since I like to add what I've been reading/watching etc...
rhettandlink.com - funniest guys ever. 
Just watched Memento. I've never seen it. I'm surprised I haven't. Or maybe I just forgot....ha...ha.. lame joke. But it was really good. 
I'm currently reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I know I'm a little late in the game in the Christian community... that tends to happen to me a lot. But it's really good so far, and he's coming on Monday (my birthday) to speak at Taylor and also spend a night in our Cardboard Community, which I'm doing. So hopefully I'll be able to hang out with him there. I'm looking forward to it. 

No comments: