Wednesday, August 26, 2009

whirlwind

I can't believe the last time I posted anything was during TeenStreet! I apologize for the lack of updates.

After TeenStreet, I had about five days until my parents and friend from Taylor, Maggie, came to visit me. They arrived on Thursday, August 13 and spent some time in Carlisle and met the people I had worked with over the summer in the office (especially my supervisor boss lady).

On Saturday, the four of us left for Scotland which was an adventure of its own, and later I will retell the tale and post pictures. But for now, I must be quick.

We arrived back in the States late Friday (Aug 21st) night, which as soon as I got home, I slept for 12 hours. Since then, it has been a whirlwind of visiting people, dinners, showing pictures, etc. I barely had time to unpack, wash my clothes, and repack. But thanks to mom, that was all possible.

In the morning, I leave for Upland, Indiana to embark on my last year at Taylor. I'm a senior...eep!

This isn't the end of my blog though, as it is titled there and back again. So in the next few updates I'll talk about Scotland, final thoughts on the summer, and then I'll start doing updates of my senior year since I will be co-editor of the Life & Times section of my school newspaper, and have various things (including more traveling!) planned for the year.

No comments: