Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Family Reunion 2009

Another family reunion in the bag. 

For those of you that don't know, my dad's side of the family gets together for a family reunion once every three years. So we go big. This year's reunion was in Myrtle Beach, SC. The hotel and beach were great. I'm not much of a bathing suit, laying out, beach-goer but every once in a while it's good for the soul. And by that, I mean my pale legs get to see the sun. 

It was good to see everyone and how the kids my age change so much every reunion. Three years is a wide gap. Three years ago, I was right out of high school, and this year I'm going to be a senior in college. So much has changed since then. 

I read HP and the Half Blood Prince in three days. I was pretty proud of myself. I'm just hoping someone will go see it with me in London. That would be awesome. I got halfway through Blue Like Jazz. It's pretty good so far. Donald Miller's writing style reminds me a lot of my own. Maybe not so much my writing style for other people to read, but it reads a lot like my journals. 

Yesterday, after a few rounds of mini golf and catch phrase, Chris, Angela, Nathan, cousin Justin, and I went to the midnight premiere of Transformers 2. Not such a good idea all around. First of all, it wasn't that good. Secondly, we got back at 3am and had to leave our hotel at 5:30am to catch our flight. I hadn't packed, of course, so I got approximately one hour of sleep. Therefore I am off to bed at 1030. 

36 more hours until I'm off to England! 


No comments: