Friday, July 22, 2011

not all those who wander are lost.

Tolkien is my favorite person to quote for travels and adventure.

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door. You step on to the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

It may be a dangerous business, but it's an exciting business. I still can't comprehend what I'm saying when I say "Today, I am moving to Ireland."
Keep checking back in the next few days because I feel there will be lots of updates. At 2am Evansville time today (or, technically tomorrow), I will be arriving in Dublin.

Just for future reference, Ireland is 6 hours ahead of Evansville time, or CDT

So say a prayer for me, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

2 comments:

Jan Clayton said...

Can't wait to follow your adventures and see what God has planned for you.

Scritch Scratch Scritch said...

This post just made me sigh in delight!! It's such a perfect quote and it was exactly the one I was looking for to express how I felt about starting my own blog. I'm just about to head to North Carolina on a university exchange and I'm getting so excited and nervous at the same time and it's just epitomised in that quote!!

Thank you for sharing and I hope everything in the wonderful city of Dublin is as amazing as that honeymoon feeling gives you!!

Je serai poète et toi poésie,
SCRIBBLER