Thursday, July 29, 2010

TeenStreet 2010!

It's amazing what can happen in a few days, especially when you're running around Europe and changing locations what seems like every week.

I'm currently in Oldenburg, Germany at a youth conference called TeenStreet. It's the same one as last year, just in a different location, more teens, and new personal responsibilities.


I was informed the second day I arrived that I would be head of the Newsletter Team. The original leader unfortunately couldn't get the right paperwork to be here, so we didn't know until the last minute if she could come or not. We miss her a lot, and wish she could be here, but we can already see how God was working through that before we knew there would be problems in the first place.

So my team (it still feels weird and arrogant to refer to them as "my team") consists of 7 people: four writers and three graphic designers. It was kind of unnerving that a few hours after I took this new position I saw my name and photo in a team leaders packet for the conference.

I'm proud to say that my team was an hour and a half early for their first deadline yesterday (celebrated with late-night ice cream), and it looks like we're going to be almost two hours early today. I feel like I should be doing a lot more work, but the entire team is so great - they're making it really easy on me. (Maybe it's because I'm used to running around scrambling for content 2 hours before deadline for the student newspaper.)

The first official day of TeenStreet is today, and the kickoff ended about 30 minutes ago.

Quick Statistics:

  • Total number of people at TeenStreet: 3,587
  • Teenagers (13 - 17 years): 2,060
  • Leaders/Service Team: 968
  • Countries represented: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Brazil, Malaysia, South Africa and Bolivia.
  • Translation: The newsletter is translated into 12 different languages and the main sessions are translated into 13!


So as you can see, TeenStreet is very international, and once again, I'm amazed at the tribes, tongues, and nations gathered to glorify God.

Here's a few photos from the beginning of the week!

Here's the office:

The main stage area:

The main stage area FULL!

OM International:

Our favourite town square with our favourite ice cream cafe!

No comments: