Thursday, July 22, 2010

farewell to London

Hello everyone!
Apologies for the lack of updates, it was a whirlwind these past three weeks.

Yesterday was my friend Hannah and my last day in London. We're in Carlisle right now for about three more hours and then we're off to Germany for TeenStreet!

So another quick overview of what happened the last three weeks (in list form!):
  • My friend from university, Hannah, arrived in London to be a communications intern with me.
  • We spent hours writing/designing brochures, powerpoints, postcards, and newsletters.
  • We were also a part of outreach teams (we requested to be on two separate teams to cover more ground)
  • During the outreach, my team stayed at a church with no showers. Challenging, but the 15-minute walk to the pastor's house every other morning was ... invigorating!
  • On our first day off, Hannah and I went to see Les Miserables.
  • On our second day off, Becky, my supervisor boss lady from last summer came to London to visit Hannah, Lori (my supervisor boss lady in London), and me. We had a fun day eating, talking, and just catching up together.
  • When the outreach was over, Hannah, our friend Dominic, and I went to Oxford for a day trip this last Monday.
  • The next day, Tuesday, was our friend Nathalie's birthday, so we went to Queen's Park (a rose park/garden inside a larger park in London) with a group of people to celebrate and then we ended in a very local pub. It was amazing, there was a pianist who was playing songs from the 1920's - 40's and everyone in the pub knew all the words. There were people from ages 20 to 80 and they were all singing "On the Street Where you Live" and "I could've Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady. It was a fantastic birthday for Nathalie, and a perfect last night in London for us.
  • Wednesday (yesterday) Hannah and I took the train to Carlisle and had a fantastic dinner with a couple that I had met here last year. But I think that dinner deserves an update by itself.

Okay, so I will be doing a picture blog within the next few days because some stories and things we did just deserve pictures. BUT for right now, I will leave you with another video that Hannah and I put together for our blog readers. So enjoy!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

HAH! Hannah. 3:40 in the vlog.

Sounds like you guys are having crazy adriannah times.